The original home, Routhland, was built in the 1790s by Job Routh on a 700 acre Spanish land grant and was given to his daughter Mary. The home burnt to the ground in 1845 when it was struck by lightening. The current home, Dunleith, was constructed in 1849 by Mary's husband, General Charles G. Dahlgreen. In the rear of the home are outbuildings original to the home. No more perfect example of a Colonial mansion of the Old South can be found.